Series: Type-I – Swinging Handle
Description: Type-I safety cans with swinging handle for flammables
Approv/Lstg Regulation: FM, UL/ULC, TÜV
- Capacity: 1 gallon
- Size: 9-1/2”OD x 11”H
- Capacity: 2 gallons
- Size: 9-1/2”OD x 13-3/4”H
- Capacity: 2.5 gallons
- Size: 11-3/4”OD x 11-1/2”H
- Capacity: 5 gallons
- Size: 11-3/4”OD x 16-7/8”H
Features & Benefits:
- Rugged 24-gauge premium coated steel body and handle are chemically-resistant to handle gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene and a variety of other chemicals.
- Durable, high gloss powder paint finish resists solvents, acids and alkalies and minimizes the effects of corrosion and humidity. In abusive environments, the special paint formulation with extra UV protectant resists fading. Hardness factor stands up to rough use for extended service life.
- Reinforcing ribs strengthen the side walls for extra “bumper guard” protection in tough environments.
- 1/2” (13mm) raised bottom resists accidental punctures when placed on uneven surfaces and doubles as a grip lip for support when pouring. Unique echo-patterned rib design offers additional strength and rigidity.
- Double lock seams at base and top offer four thicknesses of steel for extra “bumper guard” protection against accidental bumps and bangs.
- Heavy steel spout is welded to dome for a high resistance to nicks or dents.
- Designed with a single spout for filling and pouring, the self-closing, leak-proof lid controls vapors and provides security from spills and leaks, it also features automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to guard against rupture or explosion.
- FM-tested, 3-1/2" (88mm) long chemical resistant stainless steel flame arrester which reliably dissipates heat to stop flashback ignition. The longer length allows secure insertion of gas nozzle for easy filling.
- Swinging, rounded steel comfort handle to prevent cut into hand and greatly ease carrying heavier loads.
- Unique counter-balance design offers a full-fisted grip on the swinging handle for effortless pouring. This ergonomic design leverages the weight of liquid against the opening mechanism – making it the easiest-to-use can when handling full containers.
- Ample headspace to accommodate oil additives for two cycle engines.
- Trilingual warning label in English/Spanish/French, it includes a large ID zone for user labeling of contents to avoid misuse, reduce the potential for incompatible mixtures, or may be used to designate department or individual owner.
- 100% tested to guarantee leak-proof construction.
- Optional polypropylene funnel #11202Y – to aid pouring into smaller openings, hinged funnel attaches easily to the spout neck of cans. Design allows you to fill the can without removing the funnel and takes up less space when storing. Durable, large polypropylene rounded bowl provides protection from splashing and spillage.
- Optional colours: Yellow, Blue and Green – using colour coding in your storage practices helps identity, organize, and segregate liquids.
- Complies with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.106 requirements.
- Complies with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Code 30 requirements.
- Accepted container under California Air Resources Board (CARB) Title 13.
Approval/Listing and Regulation Key:
- FM – FM Global tested and approved
- UL/ULC –Underwriters Laboratories listed in the U.S. and Canada
- TÜV –TÜV Technical Inspection Association Certified
7150100 with 11202Y